Sharpened Quill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sharpened Quill

Forum for the members of Sharpened Quill - the best roleplaying guild on Ravenholdt, EU!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PvP for dummies

Go down 
+10
Rashkaa
Orktush
Kim'Jael
Caleb
Takmari
Andromus
Uddersbane
Shagonar
Ferbian
Morador
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Morador

Morador

PvP for dummies Empty
PostSubject: PvP for dummies   PvP for dummies Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jan 2008, 16:52

Hi Morador here over power warock ^^.

i recently noticed in fight´s i suck on pvp.
So i made this post so if you have any tip in how to pvp post it.
For exampel what do you do to kill a BM hunter, Or what kills you alot.
Back to top Go down
Ferbian

PvP for dummies Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP for dummies   PvP for dummies Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jan 2008, 17:22

welcome morador, to the office of pvp'ers wellknown of how to play.. now tell me *takes out notebook* which battlegrounds do you prefer to play? or play mostly - that comes to none extra weekends mostly..
Back to top Go down
Shagonar

PvP for dummies Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP for dummies   PvP for dummies Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jan 2008, 23:25

Lets focus on Morador and his PvP performance: What especially do you find hard while fighting against others players? Do they kill you too quickly or do you have hard time keeping them of you?
Back to top Go down
Ferbian

PvP for dummies Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP for dummies   PvP for dummies Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jan 2008, 00:24

there's ofcourse also different classes, not the way they come towards you, but the tactics of how to keep them down, i mean a warrior is always easy, just chain fear them, but a mage can be tricky somehow i recon, as its a ranged too.. or for that sake a hunter.. as you can't chainfear both his pet and him, so its about priorieticing there, and about how to handle them
Back to top Go down
Uddersbane
Admin
Uddersbane

PvP for dummies Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP for dummies   PvP for dummies Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jan 2008, 01:35

MOVE.

Thats the most basic mistake in pvp, not moving. If you are not casting, move. It makes you so much harder to kill.
Back to top Go down
Ferbian

PvP for dummies Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP for dummies   PvP for dummies Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jan 2008, 03:37

aye, and the good thing is that there's a few curses and stuff you can still do while jumping around ^^ and a fear doesn't take long to cast afterall.. more time to run and dottie dot Razz
Back to top Go down
Andromus

Andromus

PvP for dummies Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP for dummies   PvP for dummies Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jan 2008, 13:36

From what I've seen when getting wtfpwned by locks, use this - Curse of exhaustion (run around), instant cast Corruption, Siphon life and minion running behind the poor victim and killing him. Also mana or health drain. There, now go and kill Alliance.
Back to top Go down
Takmari
Admin
Takmari

PvP for dummies Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP for dummies   PvP for dummies Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jan 2008, 16:39

That works for Affliction.

Demo, use your Felguard to intercept.

For Destro, I like using my imp on defensive to annoy people, using Shadowfury as often as I can and spamming people when Backlash procs.

Fear as much as you can, DoT alot and keep moving!
Back to top Go down
Caleb

Caleb

PvP for dummies Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP for dummies   PvP for dummies Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jan 2008, 20:50

As a feral druid warlock is like the opposing class, i am having too much trouble against
them in PvP. Any special tricks for fighting with them ? Very Happy

Edit: Morador lets practice doing some PvP sometime.

Last edited by on Sat 05 Jan 2008, 21:17; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kim'Jael

Kim'Jael

PvP for dummies Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP for dummies   PvP for dummies Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jan 2008, 20:56

Ever heard of "Skill Coil"?
But still I play a Alli Rogue (NE) on my main and i have discoverd that alli suck att PvP... Well We never work as a team and thats what horde alwas duse.
So Who can you Suck agains alli? (Unless you meat some one that knows there class)
So do you play as a team member?
Or do you solo?
I seam like an idiot here if i do Plz tell me so, I dont whant so look like an idiot.
Btw against rogues... When ever they use Cloak after that you have 1 min play time... I know, i have bin steept all over many times.
Back to top Go down
Uddersbane
Admin
Uddersbane

PvP for dummies Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP for dummies   PvP for dummies Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jan 2008, 21:42

In battlegrounds, my best tactic against warlocks and shadowpriests is not to engage them on my own. In a larger battle, they are a good target to nuke first but they take you apart 1v1. When I had Brutal Impact it helped alot (more stun time from my initial pounce, and more stun from turning to bear and bashing them) - the best thing to do against warlocks seems to be heal as early as possible, as their damage tends to start slow and ramp up as the fight progresses as they nuke with dots on you.
Back to top Go down
Orktush

Orktush

PvP for dummies Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP for dummies   PvP for dummies Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jan 2008, 12:47

Well as warlock against mages it's pretty easy...

Affliction: dots! don't fear in the start as he might counterspell ya. what probably the mage do if he gets feared anyway with dots that the mage will iceblock. banish that water elemental! have a felpuppy out cause omg i hate them!!

demo: well with enough resilience and stamina you won the fight anyway -_-
you can go felguard aye or demo felpuppies are a pain as well...

destro: err..i normally pown them..but what the heck.. same try to fear the mage a bit later in the fight else you'll get counterspelled. shadowfury pains alot..mages can blink out of it though. spamm searing pain if shadow tree is gone. searing pain with curse of elements (CoA sucks as destro) is a real pain trust me.
Back to top Go down
Orktush

Orktush

PvP for dummies Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP for dummies   PvP for dummies Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jan 2008, 12:51

lock vs hunter:

affli: try to slow them with curse of exhaustion. stay near them all the time! if the hunter kneels down..avoid that area. against BM hunters it's omg try to survive! D:

demo: actually the same as affli..stay near the hunter and nuke it while you're near him. but you'll survive better thanks to soul link.

destro: err..hard as because destro you're a direct damage caster..just try to survive and stay near him..perhaps backlash proccs and you can do instant bolts!! D:
Back to top Go down
Morador

Morador

PvP for dummies Empty
PostSubject: pvp   PvP for dummies Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jan 2008, 14:28

woh dident expect so meny responses but thanks meny useful and helpful tips
Back to top Go down
Rashkaa

Rashkaa

PvP for dummies Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP for dummies   PvP for dummies Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jan 2008, 13:33

I full agree... The only thing that is important for PvP is MOVING!!! Without that you're subject to -all- sorts of problems.

I however thing that Felhound would be the best pet for pvp... Since only 2/3 classes don't have mana (depending on druid spec) draining their mana will be a big boon to combat. I know very well that they're my worst enimies as Paladin as we're rather uses without mana.

Lots of chain fearing and DoT's... Nothing else to it for a lock.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Morador

Morador

PvP for dummies Empty
PostSubject: pvp Hunter   PvP for dummies Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2008, 09:13

anyone got some tips vs hunters i have a real problem with them and feel kinda bad about it sens locks are aperently sepuse to own them
Back to top Go down
Sharpeyes

PvP for dummies Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP for dummies   PvP for dummies Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jan 2008, 19:40

Pop off a fear straight off, first thing you do, when they're as far away as possible to you. In general, BM hunters get pissed off at this and tend to activate their rage. However they've done this to you whilst being feared, which means they're probably facing the wrong way, and as fair away as possible.

As soon as you drop the fear, drop as many instant cast dmg dots you have...now run the F*** away. Ust the scenery to help you if needs be, have you pet attack the hunter and run away until the effect wears off, making sure you turn occassionally to redo your dots.

If specced right, the combination of your dots and minion's dmg should have them nearly dead...then wand, bolt, hellfire, wtv, unstable affliction their ass
Back to top Go down
Arkanoth

Arkanoth

PvP for dummies Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP for dummies   PvP for dummies Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2008, 18:28

Well the easiest way to own almost any class in pvp with a lock is to spec to SL/SL a.k.a. "rollyourfaceonthekeyboard spec".

SL/SL stands for Soul Link/Siphon Life, which can pretty much mean only one reasonable way to spend your points in the demonology and affliction trees. Here's my pew-pew (quite boring) spec:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IEMMVofzoZbxczIiz0eo

To play this bastard: As a preparation you should have the mighty felhunter out with a ready counterspell and Soul Link on him. Put up curse of exhaustion on EVERYTHING that can come close to you. Then: Apply Siphon Life, Corruption and then drain life/mana depending on the enemy. (Drain Mana is for making healers go whine to the class forums and reroll another pink-haired pony tail gnome twink rogue. Good for them.) Fear and Death Coil as CC. You can also risk some Shadow Bolts if nothing's close and remember that Seed of Corruption is your friend when it comes to large numbers of allies. That's it. Happy pwning.

Only thing that can cause problems is BM hunter I think, but they can be outrun as posted above.
Back to top Go down
Takmari
Admin
Takmari

PvP for dummies Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP for dummies   PvP for dummies Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2008, 18:37

Only problem I've heard is that though SL/SL is a MONSTER of a PvP spec, it can be quite dull for PvE.

CoE is IMBA in PvP as well ^^
Back to top Go down
Arkanoth

Arkanoth

PvP for dummies Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP for dummies   PvP for dummies Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2008, 18:52

Aye. I myself dislike SL/SL because its only use is PvP (especially BG) pwning. In my heart I am and have always been true shadow destruction. ^^

Used SL/SL for farming the daily bg quests tho.
Back to top Go down
Takmari
Admin
Takmari

PvP for dummies Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP for dummies   PvP for dummies Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2008, 19:01

I'm doing Shadow Destro at the moment and I'm loving it so much more for PvP then being Demo.

I'm just sad, I miss my higher spell damage from Destro, then I look at my huge crits now and I get happy again! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Arkanoth

Arkanoth

PvP for dummies Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP for dummies   PvP for dummies Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2008, 19:32

Yes. There's nothing as delicious as a 4k Shadow Bolt crit followed by a stunning Shadowfury then a finishing Shadowburn/instant Shadow Bolt. ^^

I'm obsessed. O.o
Back to top Go down
Takmari
Admin
Takmari

PvP for dummies Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP for dummies   PvP for dummies Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2008, 19:47

I remember having a critgasm in AV once, one of my trinkets proced, so I popped the other one and BOOM 4.5k crit!

I squealed with joy!
Back to top Go down
Arkanoth

Arkanoth

PvP for dummies Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP for dummies   PvP for dummies Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2008, 20:10

My gods. WoW is sometimes just too sexy to bare. ^^
Back to top Go down
Sharpeyes

PvP for dummies Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP for dummies   PvP for dummies Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jan 2008, 00:52

If a fully buffed warlock gets the totem of wrath and wrath of air totem, plus the beserker dmg thing in wsg, they can easily pull a shadow bolt crit of up to 15K dmg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PvP for dummies Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP for dummies   PvP for dummies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PvP for dummies
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sharpened Quill :: Off-topic-
Jump to: