Sharpened Quill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sharpened Quill

Forum for the members of Sharpened Quill - the best roleplaying guild on Ravenholdt, EU!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Zul'aman Friday 7/3!

Go down 
+13
Hapam
Heiriga
Morador
Medúlla
Leorna
Lokkir
Kapp
Takmari
Arkanoth
Luthian
Agali
Uddersbane
Ragd
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ragd

Zul'aman Friday 7/3! Empty
PostSubject: Zul'aman Friday 7/3!   Zul'aman Friday 7/3! Icon_minitimeSat 01 Mar 2008, 19:47

Login time 20:00, we start 20.30. Good gear and full PVE spec is the deal here! It looks like we're aiming for the first or second boss.
Bear Boss: http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=23576#comments
Eagle Boss: http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=23574#comments

If you are not specced for pve, do so before the raid. Pvp talents will
do no good for the raid.

Tank(druid) - Uddersbane
Tank(warrior) - Kapp
Healer - Leorna
Healer - Heiriga
Healer - Meryk
DPS (Takmari reserved) - *Hapam
DPS - Ganth
DPS - Morador
DPS - Agali
DPS - Ragd

Reserves: Grosk, Takmari, Wyrmskin, Luthian, Aaya, Medúlla, Lokkir
*Not confirmed: Hapam

Last edited by Ragd on Thu 06 Mar 2008, 17:55; edited 15 times in total
Back to top Go down
Uddersbane
Admin
Uddersbane

PostSubject: Re: Zul'aman Friday 7/3!   Zul'aman Friday 7/3! Icon_minitimeSat 01 Mar 2008, 21:42

I should be able to attend as whatever spec you need me.

I suspect I'm the only druid who is remotely able to fill either role, so I guess I'm coming as a tank? Smile
Back to top Go down
Agali
Admin
Agali

PostSubject: Re: Zul'aman Friday 7/3!   Zul'aman Friday 7/3! Icon_minitimeSat 01 Mar 2008, 21:44

Yay! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://quill.forumotion.com
Uddersbane
Admin
Uddersbane

PostSubject: Re: Zul'aman Friday 7/3!   Zul'aman Friday 7/3! Icon_minitimeSat 01 Mar 2008, 21:51

If we're aiming for Nalorakk, we are going to need to load up on HoTs somehow as well.

I'm looking forward to this Smile
Back to top Go down
Luthian

Luthian

PostSubject: Re: Zul'aman Friday 7/3!   Zul'aman Friday 7/3! Icon_minitimeSat 01 Mar 2008, 22:23

As always, Aaya and I offer our services as DPS.
Back to top Go down
Arkanoth

Arkanoth

PostSubject: Re: Zul'aman Friday 7/3!   Zul'aman Friday 7/3! Icon_minitimeSun 02 Mar 2008, 03:55

I'm a bit better geared now, still crap for ZA, so if you can find a better warrior tank, I won't be offended. Anyways I'm up for the wipefe... err... owning! ^^

(Family drama settled... kinda.)
Back to top Go down
Takmari
Admin
Takmari

PostSubject: Re: Zul'aman Friday 7/3!   Zul'aman Friday 7/3! Icon_minitimeSun 02 Mar 2008, 11:07

If my SO isn't about, I will definately be there, keep me as reserve.
Back to top Go down
Kapp

Kapp

PostSubject: Re: Zul'aman Friday 7/3!   Zul'aman Friday 7/3! Icon_minitimeSun 02 Mar 2008, 11:08

Im in.
Back to top Go down
Lokkir

Lokkir

PostSubject: Re: Zul'aman Friday 7/3!   Zul'aman Friday 7/3! Icon_minitimeSun 02 Mar 2008, 13:16

I Guess i could come as Lokkir if you need me
Back to top Go down
Leorna

Leorna

PostSubject: Re: Zul'aman Friday 7/3!   Zul'aman Friday 7/3! Icon_minitimeSun 02 Mar 2008, 14:07

i dont work so im in this friday.
Back to top Go down
Medúlla

PostSubject: Re: Zul'aman Friday 7/3!   Zul'aman Friday 7/3! Icon_minitimeSun 02 Mar 2008, 14:55

I'm in
Back to top Go down
Morador

Morador

PostSubject: Re: Zul'aman Friday 7/3!   Zul'aman Friday 7/3! Icon_minitimeSun 02 Mar 2008, 15:27

oh i am so in!
Back to top Go down
Heiriga
Admin
Heiriga

PostSubject: Re: Zul'aman Friday 7/3!   Zul'aman Friday 7/3! Icon_minitimeSun 02 Mar 2008, 16:03

That character auditor says I'm not ready for ZA yet, but what the hell.
Back to top Go down
Hapam

Hapam

PostSubject: Re: Zul'aman Friday 7/3!   Zul'aman Friday 7/3! Icon_minitimeSun 02 Mar 2008, 16:10

I think i can make it there but i will confirm later this week
Back to top Go down
Agali
Admin
Agali

PostSubject: Re: Zul'aman Friday 7/3!   Zul'aman Friday 7/3! Icon_minitimeMon 03 Mar 2008, 14:47

I think it would be a waste of time to go there with anything else but a group of our best geared people. So - if you hesitate on if you could manage Karazhan you are not geared enough for Zul'Aman.
Back to top Go down
Lokkir

Lokkir

PostSubject: Re: Zul'aman Friday 7/3!   Zul'aman Friday 7/3! Icon_minitimeMon 03 Mar 2008, 14:59

Well, then Lokkir out then, i dont want to destroy the raid.
Back to top Go down
Meryk

PostSubject: Re: Zul'aman Friday 7/3!   Zul'aman Friday 7/3! Icon_minitimeMon 03 Mar 2008, 17:19

You know my gear. Meryk is in as well Smile
Back to top Go down
Ganth

PostSubject: Re: Zul'aman Friday 7/3!   Zul'aman Friday 7/3! Icon_minitimeMon 03 Mar 2008, 19:14

In if needed.
Back to top Go down
Luthian

Luthian

PostSubject: Re: Zul'aman Friday 7/3!   Zul'aman Friday 7/3! Icon_minitimeMon 03 Mar 2008, 22:23

to quote https://quill.forumotion.com/raiding-f6/some-raid-rules-t452.htm

"We try to go by the rule: "Signs up first - gets the spot" and not take into account what gear, class and specc people have."

So it is slightly annoying that just because I do not use a cookie cutter "PVE" talent build I am automatically excluded from pretty much all PVE content. To be frank, I couldn't care less about loot. I fully intent to do arenas 2v2 when my gear is good enough (gear I am attaining myself through honor grinding), so its not like I'm a 'threat' to the pve oriented guild members.

I am also aware that my DPS output it not the best. Remember I've not been level 70 for long. As far as my threat is concerned, I know I generate marginally more threat than I would if my talents were cookie cutter PVE, but 1. I use Omen and 2. I pay attention to Omen. If worst came to worst, my arcane talents give me reduced threat there too.

As for not being well geared enough for zul aman, I dispute that. I'm not a tank, and I'm not a healer. I would rather someone came straight out and told me "You're not coming to raids because you're a pvper unless we have no choice but to take you" than getting my hopes up. I'm not an emo kid, I just don't like being messed around.

My interests in PVE these days are casual at best, I was exalted with Hydraxian Waterlords before half the guild probably even bought WoW. Just thought it would be nice to see Zul aman as I've never been.
Back to top Go down
Agali
Admin
Agali

PostSubject: Re: Zul'aman Friday 7/3!   Zul'aman Friday 7/3! Icon_minitimeMon 03 Mar 2008, 23:05

Luthian, we are going there for the first time and we want to even have the chance to down a boss without wiping too many times. This time we have to bring those with the best gear otherwise we will probably be wasting both time and gold on this and no one will be happy.
You have not been excluded from any Karazhan raids that you have signed up for unless the spots have been full already. I really don't think you can accuse us of treating anyone bad this time.

And for quoting the raid "rules", I have one for you:
"- At some points we have to bring, for example, a rogue and will therefor be forced to bring a reserve rogue and exclude someone else. As far as it is possible we will exchange the person who signed up last."

Exchange "rogue" with "the better geared people".

We also expect everyone who are coming to this raid to specc full PVE.
Back to top Go down
Takmari
Admin
Takmari

PostSubject: Re: Zul'aman Friday 7/3!   Zul'aman Friday 7/3! Icon_minitimeMon 03 Mar 2008, 23:20

I think our point is that guilds in SSC and TK wipe in ZA, if we don't take the best people we can, we won't get to see anything past the first 3 pulls anyway.

ZA is alot harder than Kara.
Back to top Go down
Luthian

Luthian

PostSubject: Re: Zul'aman Friday 7/3!   Zul'aman Friday 7/3! Icon_minitimeMon 03 Mar 2008, 23:21

I'm not respeccing for this raid, so if that means you need to take me off the sign ups, then so be it. Personally I don't believe I -need- to respec, but I've no intention of arguing the point further. I'm a pvper who'd like to do some pve sometimes, thats not changing Smile
Back to top Go down
Ragd

PostSubject: Re: Zul'aman Friday 7/3!   Zul'aman Friday 7/3! Icon_minitimeMon 03 Mar 2008, 23:39

Since this is our first try ever in what is considered a verry hard
instance i think going by that rule would be suicide. We have zero
experience from Zul'aman. By going in as strong as we can, we can tell if it's doable or not.

I myself would never dream of signing up for a BT or Hyjal raid, it would
be a big mistake. Everyone have to look at what there caracter can handle.
We are progressing fine through karazhan, allowing new guild members to
constantly come along with more experienced ones. This works well to allow everyone
to raid in a friendly and wipe-free enviorment.Very Happy
And by doing this way gear and spec is not always that big of a deal.

About drops...there is always a fair roll on the drops. We dont try to have
some kind of "elite"! If the drop is a bigger uppgrade to a newcommer then
he generally gets the drop.

So this first time we want our most well gered members to see if it's even
possible to down anything in there. And if it is, i presume we will be doing
the same as we are doing in Kara now- Bring new members in!

/cheers
Back to top Go down
Cathleen

Cathleen

PostSubject: Re: Zul'aman Friday 7/3!   Zul'aman Friday 7/3! Icon_minitimeTue 04 Mar 2008, 00:30

I feel i have to be a little negative here, not because i didn't get a spot because you don't want paladin tanks here.

Let me say it this way. 2x Full kara/heroic geared warrior tank, 100% epic and full prot, spam healed by 3 full epic healers, got squashed. My last guild tried ZA and failed completely. That place is way to hard for us, I wouldn't last in there, Udd won't last, Kapp won't last and wyrmskin won't last the only tank i htink would be able to tank in there is Bov, and he's moved server.

Basically, that place is a complete suicide no matter who you bring. By all means go there and see the place, take screen shots and everything, it's an amazing place, but all you'll kill is trashmobs and it's gonna incluse alot of wipes.

Excluding undergeared people isn't exactly something i see fit for SQ, i've read the arguements for not bringing them, but read what i wrote above. That place is a suicide, why not bring the undergeared people there? their repair bill is lower than the well geared Razz

Besides, as i see it "low" geared people is already excluded from to much raid. Im not saying that we shouldn't bring our "Elite" team at prince since we have a chance to take him down but still ain't used to him. But bringing people like Aaya, Luth, Andro, Lokkir etc. to atleast Aran and Illhoof won't be a problem as we've proved we can beat them up pretty easily alredy.

My 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
Takmari
Admin
Takmari

PostSubject: Re: Zul'aman Friday 7/3!   Zul'aman Friday 7/3! Icon_minitimeTue 04 Mar 2008, 00:50

It's not a case of not wanting a paladin tank, it's a case that we need different tanks for the first boss.

Yes ZA is hard, we might not down the first boss, but we definately won't if we don't take the best geared people we can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zul'aman Friday 7/3!   Zul'aman Friday 7/3! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zul'aman Friday 7/3!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next