Sharpened Quill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sharpened Quill

Forum for the members of Sharpened Quill - the best roleplaying guild on Ravenholdt, EU!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Roleplaying in Instances

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Takmari
Admin
Takmari

Roleplaying in Instances Empty
PostSubject: Roleplaying in Instances   Roleplaying in Instances Icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep 2007, 12:31

This is saddly something I don't think we do enough of these days. It's great fun running an instance in character, talking with eachother, commenting and what you see in there.

So I thought I'd put some of my throughts down about it.

Firstly, why would you character be in there? Here's a few ideas if people are stumped when trying to think of this:

• For work (i.e a Quest)
  • A 'boss' has offened you somehow
  • A family/friend/past lover was lost in there and you're looking for them
  • A family/friend/past lover lost a precious item in there and you're going to retrieve it
  • Helping out a friend to fufull one of the above

Instances can be run as non story line RP. That meaning that even if you would never dream of going anywhere with a certain character, yet they're in you instance group, you just go, RP and have some fun despite that.

Take time to admire the scenery in there. There are some instances that are unbelieveably pretty, why would you not be impressed by it?

Engaging in a boss is a big thing, get excited/nervous/whatever about it IC. Do a battle cry, hesitate (without causing a wipe!), whatever you're character would do!

So, you've fought your way through an instance, risked life and limb and finally overcome the final boss! So what are you night going to do? JJust herthstone out. It's a big big thing! Cheer, get excited, whatever! Have some fun RP!

Some instances range from easy to RP through to almost impossible, so be sensible with your choices. Think you'd be able to do stop and have an IC chat in Old Hillsbrad while Thrall is charnging along engaging or through Black Morass when the mobs come on timers? Be sensible.

When we get to Karazhan, being an RP guild I think we shoul try to RP as much as we can. That means before we go in, before engaging mobs that start the times and after boss fights. Karazhan is a fantasticly pretty place! We should make the most of being there.

Anyone else feel free to add in their own input to this topic too!
Back to top Go down
Shagonar

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying in Instances   Roleplaying in Instances Icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep 2007, 13:51

I have thought the same. It would be fun.  Although quite often the guild instance runs happen so late that I do not have the energy to even think about spending some extra time to RP when I should go to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Uddersbane
Admin
Uddersbane

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying in Instances   Roleplaying in Instances Icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep 2007, 20:31

I'm not going to Kara if we don't have an IC reason to go as a guild. With Udd, I usually try and rp a little in an instance, even if it's just being all RAR, DRUID! at one of the bosses. Stahn quite often appreciates the architechture in places too, or has torrid love affairs with the end bosses.

I was setting one up with Stahn for Kara as a guild, but botched it all last night by rping :p
Back to top Go down
Takmari
Admin
Takmari

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying in Instances   Roleplaying in Instances Icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep 2007, 20:50

Well Tak has already been exploring in there, I'm writing a report atm too ^^

IC she's curious as to the presence of the undead in there. That's why she's going in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying in Instances   Roleplaying in Instances Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roleplaying in Instances
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sharpened Quill :: Roleplaying :: RP discussions and tips-
Jump to: