Sharpened Quill

Forum for the members of Sharpened Quill - the best roleplaying guild on Ravenholdt, EU!
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 Karazhan 8/3-08

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cathleen

avatar

Posts : 248
Join date : 2007-12-03
Age : 27
Location : Denmark

PostSubject: Karazhan 8/3-08   Tue 04 Mar 2008, 01:05

Leaving the first bosses that we're currently farming for easy epics is a waste don't you think, just becasue we wanna wipe in ZA.

SOOoooo, let's go harvest our epic!

Saturday at 20:30 will the invites start and we should be going before 21:00.

Tank: Cathleen
Tank: Wyrmskin (Uddersbane)
Healer: Medulla
Healer: Lokkir
Healer: Leorna
Dps: Aaya
Dps: Luthian
Dps:(Uddersbane)
Dps: Morador
Dps:

Reserves: Kapp


Am i the only one who wants Epic and badges Razz


Last edited by Cathleen on Wed 05 Mar 2008, 21:35; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aaya



Posts : 18
Join date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Karazhan 8/3-08   Tue 04 Mar 2008, 01:10

Luthian and I would like to join, if allowed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Takmari
Admin
avatar

Posts : 565
Join date : 2007-08-13
Age : 30
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Karazhan 8/3-08   Tue 04 Mar 2008, 02:40

The game stops being fun when it becomes a challenge, aye?

_________________

I'm a Warlock, I roll my face on the Keyboard and people die.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Medúlla



Posts : 18
Join date : 2007-12-21
Age : 31
Location : Good ol' Poland

PostSubject: Re: Karazhan 8/3-08   Tue 04 Mar 2008, 03:22

I'm in
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arkanoth

avatar

Posts : 162
Join date : 2008-01-12
Age : 30
Location : Hungary

PostSubject: Re: Karazhan 8/3-08   Tue 04 Mar 2008, 06:09

Your offtank comes right here.

In my perspective: poor gear > no chance > wipefest
good gear > chance > challange

ZA is even harder on your gear than Gruul or Magtheridon. And we're really really poorly geared.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cathleen

avatar

Posts : 248
Join date : 2007-12-03
Age : 27
Location : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Karazhan 8/3-08   Tue 04 Mar 2008, 09:10

You wanna come or not Tak?
I can't really be bothered with that attitude to be honest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lokkir

avatar

Posts : 165
Join date : 2007-12-03
Age : 27
Location : Jäger - Gothenburg

PostSubject: Re: Karazhan 8/3-08   Tue 04 Mar 2008, 10:32

I would like to come.

Tak, the game is being more fun if others than those who have been 70 for a while get a little chance to catch up, there is a couple of us that wouldet have the slightest chance in ZA. I have acctualy been considering leaving SQ because of i am to much behind in the PvE progress.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Takmari
Admin
avatar

Posts : 565
Join date : 2007-08-13
Age : 30
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Karazhan 8/3-08   Tue 04 Mar 2008, 11:01

I'm absolutely fine with the idea of this raid "Hey guys, let's go to Kara and get gear while the rest try out ZA." but your wording was rather childish, bitter and screamed out that you don't want to try anything challenging.

Some of us actually like a challenge and it's hard to find one in Kara these days. Anyway, we're not stupid enough to spend all night wiping, if it's glaringly obvious we can't do it, we'll stop.

And for someone who wants to be an Elder, you don't seem to think about how you should act or talk to people.

And Lokkir, don't get grumpy because you can't go to ZA, most of us can't, we're just trying out the water. Not being geared for one raid that might never take place again is a pretty silly reason to leave.

_________________

I'm a Warlock, I roll my face on the Keyboard and people die.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cathleen

avatar

Posts : 248
Join date : 2007-12-03
Age : 27
Location : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Karazhan 8/3-08   Tue 04 Mar 2008, 13:42

It's possibly lack of smiley that makes you say my language is unfitting and childish, possibly, let it rest.

I never said i didn't wanna do anything challenging, if you read the ZA thread again you'd see that i volunteered to go there, it wasn't me that rejected paladin tanks Razz
But i'll repeat myself, ZA isn't a challenge, it's a suicide.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Medúlla



Posts : 18
Join date : 2007-12-21
Age : 31
Location : Good ol' Poland

PostSubject: Re: Karazhan 8/3-08   Tue 04 Mar 2008, 15:03

Lokkir wrote:
I would like to come.

Tak, the game is being more fun if others than those who have been 70 for a while get a little chance to catch up, there is a couple of us that wouldet have the slightest chance in ZA. I have acctualy been considering leaving SQ because of i am to much behind in the PvE progress.

I was thinking the same thing. It's kinda sad that there are people who always get prioroty in certain runs without giving other people a chance. I'm talkin about Kara run priorities now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Agali
Admin
avatar

Posts : 627
Join date : 2007-08-13
Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: Karazhan 8/3-08   Tue 04 Mar 2008, 16:34

This actually pisses me off as the critique is as far from fair it can be. The last three or four Karazhan runs we have arranged have been ESPECIALLY for new people or people who have not joined the last time etc. It is not the Elder's fault if you don't care to read the raid post properly and sign up when you have priority over those who have temporarily taken the spots.

We do everything we can to involve everyone - but we are not that stupid that we take a group of 10 half-bad geared people to wipe at Prince. Instead we bring new people in smaller quantity so we still have a descent chance to make it.

If you are that eager to go to ZA you're absolutely free to arrange a suicide-group there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://quill.forumotion.com
Ganth



Posts : 89
Join date : 2007-09-09
Age : 26
Location : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Karazhan 8/3-08   Tue 04 Mar 2008, 18:14

Yes, yes I agree with Agali. There has been many raid spots especially for new people lately. I'm pretty much sure that some of them don't really read these forums so often though... Maybe this raid should be for new people only and just fill up the leftover spots with oldies if there is any.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aaya



Posts : 18
Join date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Karazhan 8/3-08   Tue 04 Mar 2008, 19:46

Ganth wrote:
Yes, yes I agree with Agali. There has been many raid spots especially for new people lately. I'm pretty much sure that some of them don't really read these forums so often though... Maybe this raid should be for new people only and just fill up the leftover spots with oldies if there is any.

Unfortunitly, many of these raids were when most of us weren't 70. Some, Luthian, Lokkir (iirc) and Myself have only been 70 just over a week or so, hence we couldn't join the many raid spots just for new people until the most recent raid, now that ZA goes up and we can't sign, yes we _can_ feel a little left out. I believe it was with the best intentions this raid went up saying "so now the old members have had a night of raiding, lets have another for those that couldn't go".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uddersbane
Admin
avatar

Posts : 420
Join date : 2007-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Karazhan 8/3-08   Tue 04 Mar 2008, 20:06

I'll come. Healer, Tank, or melee dps, your choice.

While I don't mind going to ZA I'd need a load of stuff from Kara as well. And even if not, I'm happy to help you guys gear up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lother-Z



Posts : 41
Join date : 2007-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Karazhan 8/3-08   Tue 04 Mar 2008, 20:36

Well, there is something called bad timing. The idea of ZA was intriguing for the people that can do Kara easily that forgot for a day or two that there are new level 70s around. You can't blame people for that. And anyway if you can't find something make it yourself, that's the best thing you can do Smile It also relieves the Elders from some trouble. It took me a month before I first went to a raid, and believe me I know the feeling.

P.S. Heroics do part of the job Kara does Razz

Best of Luck in the raid, whoever is going Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kapp

avatar

Posts : 17
Join date : 2008-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Karazhan 8/3-08   Tue 04 Mar 2008, 21:15

Put me into reserve (thow i may log in later than usual).
We better make 2 Kara groups some day (eh roleplayers in need of gear hoho).
All the best in Kara and no wipes!
Your's Kapp
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arkanoth

avatar

Posts : 162
Join date : 2008-01-12
Age : 30
Location : Hungary

PostSubject: Re: Karazhan 8/3-08   Tue 04 Mar 2008, 23:12

Agali wrote: "If you are that eager to go to ZA you're absolutely free to arrange a suicide-group there."

O.o

And your "well-geared" group isn't a suicide? I don't know why you guys get pissed when you made the mistake by arreanging that ZA run in the first place making yourself unintentionally look "elitist" in the eyes of the freshly 70 guys. It was just a wrong decision. Happens. But when Cath here tries to make it right and you attack him for it is not well in my eyes. Sorry if this sounded offensive, it's actually defensive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ganth



Posts : 89
Join date : 2007-09-09
Age : 26
Location : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Karazhan 8/3-08   Tue 04 Mar 2008, 23:51

Arkanoth wrote:
Agali wrote: "If you are that eager to go to ZA you're absolutely free to arrange a suicide-group there."

O.o

And your "well-geared" group isn't a suicide? I don't know why you guys get pissed when you made the mistake by arreanging that ZA run in the first place making yourself unintentionally look "elitist" in the eyes of the freshly 70 guys. It was just a wrong decision. Happens. But when Cath here tries to make it right and you attack him for it is not well in my eyes. Sorry if this sounded offensive, it's actually defensive.
What the hell is up with your attitude, no one is forcing you to come to so STFU! Since we agreed to try it we need to atleast to get the best geared people available to attend there, if the first boss there is truly about as hard as Prince we can't have people who are barely geared for Kara to come there or it's a wipeage even more certainly that it will be with this people. Why does trying it sound so awful to you? What the hell does it matter if we can't down any bosses?!! Some people just want new experiences so what do we have to lose? It's just people like you and Cath who bring negative atmosphere around these things by moaning about how it will never work and how all we will be able to is wiping. Even that is likely going to be the case... HOW DOES THAT MATTER YOU, god damn, you even you weren't going to be a part of this so what's the point in ruining other people's mood with this.. Well it's okay to say your honest opinion but you went a bit too far.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luthian

avatar

Posts : 21
Join date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Karazhan 8/3-08   Wed 05 Mar 2008, 00:08

Ganth wrote:

What the hell is up with your attitude, no one is forcing you to come to so STFU! Since we agreed to try it we need to atleast to get the best geared people available to attend there, if the first boss there is truly about as hard as Prince we can't have people who are barely geared for Kara to come there or it's a wipeage even more certainly that it will be with this people. Why does trying it sound so awful to you? What the hell does it matter if we can't down any bosses?!! Some people just want new experiences so what do we have to lose? It's just people like you and Cath who bring negative atmosphere around these things by moaning about how it will never work and how all we will be able to is wiping. Even that is likely going to be the case... HOW DOES THAT MATTER YOU, god damn, you even you weren't going to be a part of this so what's the point in ruining other people's mood with this.. Well it's okay to say your honest opinion but you went a bit too far.

I still don't see how you interpret Cath's attempts at making something for those who can't go to ZA (and rightly so by all accounts), and Arkanoth's defence of such, as some sort of direct -attack- on the people going to ZA? Telling people to "stfu" is hardly fair.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heiriga
Admin
avatar

Posts : 207
Join date : 2007-08-27
Age : 27
Location : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Karazhan 8/3-08   Wed 05 Mar 2008, 01:46

Keep it civilized, will you? Thanks.

I'm a little disappointed at how much a primarily RP guild manages to blow silly PvE issues out of proportion again and again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morador

avatar

Posts : 74
Join date : 2007-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Karazhan 8/3-08   Wed 05 Mar 2008, 04:13

i could come
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arkanoth

avatar

Posts : 162
Join date : 2008-01-12
Age : 30
Location : Hungary

PostSubject: Re: Karazhan 8/3-08   Wed 05 Mar 2008, 08:17

Ganth wrote:
Arkanoth wrote:
Agali wrote: "If you are that eager to go to ZA you're absolutely free to arrange a suicide-group there."

O.o

And your "well-geared" group isn't a suicide? I don't know why you guys get pissed when you made the mistake by arreanging that ZA run in the first place making yourself unintentionally look "elitist" in the eyes of the freshly 70 guys. It was just a wrong decision. Happens. But when Cath here tries to make it right and you attack him for it is not well in my eyes. Sorry if this sounded offensive, it's actually defensive.
What the hell is up with your attitude, no one is forcing you to come to so STFU! Since we agreed to try it we need to atleast to get the best geared people available to attend there, if the first boss there is truly about as hard as Prince we can't have people who are barely geared for Kara to come there or it's a wipeage even more certainly that it will be with this people. Why does trying it sound so awful to you? What the hell does it matter if we can't down any bosses?!! Some people just want new experiences so what do we have to lose? It's just people like you and Cath who bring negative atmosphere around these things by moaning about how it will never work and how all we will be able to is wiping. Even that is likely going to be the case... HOW DOES THAT MATTER YOU, god damn, you even you weren't going to be a part of this so what's the point in ruining other people's mood with this.. Well it's okay to say your honest opinion but you went a bit too far.

I won't even care to answer to such a post.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leorna

avatar

Posts : 48
Join date : 2007-09-13
Location : Sweden - Stockholm

PostSubject: Re: Karazhan 8/3-08   Wed 05 Mar 2008, 21:03

Leo is in if needed. (healer)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Karazhan 8/3-08   

Back to top Go down
 
Karazhan 8/3-08
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sharpened Quill :: Member only :: Raiding-
Jump to: