Sharpened Quill

Forum for the members of Sharpened Quill - the best roleplaying guild on Ravenholdt, EU!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Zul'aman Friday 7/3!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Cathleen

PostSubject: Re: Zul'aman Friday 7/3!   Tue 04 Mar 2008, 01:02

You need tanks that can make a direct "Rightous Defence" and not having to press "F". /facepalm

Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arkanoth

PostSubject: Re: Zul'aman Friday 7/3!   Tue 04 Mar 2008, 06:19

It's suicide. Your sign-up policy for this run is totally against the rules of the guild. I wouldn't come if you forced me to. I'm disappointed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grosk

PostSubject: Re: Zul'aman Friday 7/3!   Tue 04 Mar 2008, 14:30

I know how to handle the first two bosses in ZA as I tanked them and we downed them. Not becuase Grosk is so imba but because the entire team was experienced in there already.

First boss needs two tanks, one to tank the bear and one to tank him in troll form. Also the cleave he does is split between the two tanks if they stand in a frontal arc of him. So no more one - shotting the tank.

Anyway check my gear and let me know If you have a spot.

http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ravenholdt&n=Grosk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grosk

PostSubject: Re: Zul'aman Friday 7/3!   Tue 04 Mar 2008, 14:41

The new guy opinion: Just send in the storngest that are available at the raiding date and time. It is the only way to have a chance. Also dont think of ZA as "impossible". think of it as a learning curve and the sooner one starts the sooner the final boss will go down.

I'd propose a goal of killing the first boss only. It will take a few tries but the first boss is certainly doable with a 10 man group with kara gear.

of course if the policy is anyone should be able to come along on this endouver that is the way it should be, but bringing even only two-three characters with still only blue gear the raid becomes alot harder.

A nice bonus for the entire guild is once the first boss is down everyone can go and complete the 20 slot bag quest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Agali
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Zul'aman Friday 7/3!   Tue 04 Mar 2008, 16:44

No, Arkanoth, nothing on this sign-up post breaks any rules of the guild.

"- We try to go by the rule: "Signs up first - gets the spot" and not take into account what gear, class and specc people have."
Note the "try". This time it is not possible to go by that rule as that would be totally meaningless.

- At some points we have to bring, for example, a rogue and will therefor be forced to bring a reserve rogue and exclude someone else. As far as it is possible we will exchange the person who signed up last.
This time we have to bring our best geared people and also those who have a pure PvE specc.

If this is the reaction we get when we try to arrange something fun and challenging for those who have been working hard for their gear and have made some progress.... I don't want to stay in Karazhan forever. If some of us moves on there will automatically be more KZ spots for those who are not ready yet. But these attitudes just makes me annoyed and sad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://quill.forumotion.com
Ragd

PostSubject: Re: Zul'aman Friday 7/3!   Tue 04 Mar 2008, 17:26

Hi Grosk!
Nice to see someone with experience from za. Very Happy The situation however
is that the two tank spots are filled but udd can spec for healing too.
That leads to the next issue, the healer spots are filled..

With the current situation where alot of people seem pissed i simply
dont know what to do Crying or Very sad

My hope is that we can straighten this mess up before friday so
we can have a fun and enjoyable raid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uddersbane
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Zul'aman Friday 7/3!   Tue 04 Mar 2008, 20:26

While rules may not have been broken, the spirit may have been contravened.

I understand why we want our best geared people for what will probably be a wipefest anyway. As long as this is not a regular thing I am fine with this - and understand why people may find this a dissapointment. Perhaps next time we need to be clearer from the outset

R.E staying in Karazhan forever - of course we won't be. But only a minority of us are ready for anything more just now (and there's a plethora of stuff I need from KZ personally. anyway). Therefore we help our friends gear up Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zul'aman Friday 7/3!   

Back to top Go down

Zul'aman Friday 7/3!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2